A Brief Catechism of Bible Doctrine-19-The Lord’s Supper
The Lord’s Supper
1. What other ordinance has Christ established?
The Lord’s Supper.
2. In what does this ordinance consist?
In eating bread and drinking wine in remembrance of Christ.
3. Who alone are authorized to receive it?
The members of His churches.
4. In what way is it to be observed?
As a church ordinance, and in token of church fellowship.
5. Is there any established order in which these ordinances are to be observed?
Yes; the believer must be baptized before he partakes of the Lord’s Supper.
6. What does the Lord’s Supper represent?
The death and sufferings of Christ.
7. Does the mere partaking, either of Baptism or the Lord’s Supper confer spiritual blessings?
No; they are worthless, if not injurious, to those who do not exercise faith.
8. But how is it when they are partaken of by those who do exercise faith?
The Spirit of God makes them, to such persons, precious means of grace.
9. Whom has Christ appointed to administer Baptism and the Lord’s Supper?
The authorized ministers of His churches.
James P. Boyce-A Brief Catechism of Bible Doctrine
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- Thoughts on Christian Liberty
- Studies in The Baptist Catechism: Section One – Authority, Revelation, and Scripture (Q.5 & Q.6)
- Charles Spurgeon’s Letters-Letter 84
- A Reformed Baptist Perspective on Public Theology: The Pauline Epistles, Part IV – Romans 13
- The Wednesday Word: Nothing but the Blood of Jesus
|reformedontheweb on For those who have not yet…|
|reformedontheweb on Spurgeon Almost Quit|
|SLIMJIM on For those who have not yet…|
|SLIMJIM on Spurgeon Almost Quit|
|praymillennials on If any man be saved, it is not…|
- Scripture of the day: *[[Jas 5:1-8/KJV]]* Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall... fb.me/1LNEBpr7u 14 minutes ago
- "God-centered evangelism believes all men are fallen and will not come to God by their own power or will, because... fb.me/4t6MqTN79 16 minutes ago
- Scripture of the day: *[[Eph 6:10-18/KJV]]* Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his... fb.me/7mU32KNqI 1 day ago
- "If we had been in Egypt at the time when Pharaoh started out to follow the Israelites to the Red Sea, we would... fb.me/4c96Knqq6 1 day ago
- "SATAN IS NOT AN INITIATOR but an imitator. God has an only begotten Son— the Lord Jesus, and so has Satan—"the... fb.me/5cGalzfmI 1 day ago
- New Book: “A Noble Company, Vol. 7: Biographical Essays of Notable Particular-Regular Baptists in America” [Particular Baptist Press]
- New Book: “Eight Women of Faith” by Michael Haykin + Radio Interview [Pilgrim Radio Network]
- Radio interview w/ Michael Haykin on “The Baptist Story: From English Sect to Global Movement” [Iron Sharpens Iron]
- 17 Free VIDEOS of Sam Waldron’s Eschatology (Last Things) Course: A Comprehensive Historical & Theological Overview [CBTS]